Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruit

The sort of secret blog of Beans, a.k.a. Jules, a.k.a. "Legs for Miles" a.k.a. "Rackie the Boob Queen." Fine, ok, not the last two. Starting July 2006, sometimes "Mike," aka "fagadoccio," is a co-poster on the blog. The co-poster child, really.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Beans in the South of France

Luckily, I'm going to the south of France with my mom for 2 weeks to take cooking classes. What this will entail, I have no clue. I don't think it's going to be technically-oriented. I predict a lot of wine-nipping and herb-sniffing and very little hard labor. Either way, no complaints here. The last time I was in the south of France, I was 16 doing an exchange program through my highschool. I lived with an awesome family-- at the time I regarded their refusal to refrigerate milk, cheese, and eggs as a reflection of their laissez-faire awesomeness. Later I realized that no one in France refrigerates perishables. It is considered highly uncouth I believe. Nevertheless, they were cool, helmed by a tiny artist father, who, had he rolled his paintbrushes up in his beret, lit them on fire and smoked them through his ass while riding a unicycle, could NOT have been more stereotypically French.



My point here is-- and watch out because there was no indication that the point was going to be anywhere in this vicinity-- we'll be staying in Arles but venturing out to Nimes, Avignon, and anyplace else with something worth seeing and/or eating. So if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to pass them along via email or comments below. That's right. I said something genuine, something not intended to make ribaldry, nor mirth. Suck it.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Lang said...

Jules,

Once you return from the land of stank and camambert. I accept your challenge. I will accompany you to all of the aforementioned restaurants and more. You about ready to make that mid-May Per Se reservation. I'll donate a kidney. See if I care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home