Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruit

The sort of secret blog of Beans, a.k.a. Jules, a.k.a. "Legs for Miles" a.k.a. "Rackie the Boob Queen." Fine, ok, not the last two. Starting July 2006, sometimes "Mike," aka "fagadoccio," is a co-poster on the blog. The co-poster child, really.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Forgive me

I know I am really late on this tip. I made this joke in my head months ago. But this seems like as an appropriate moment as any.

DINING BRIEFS??? The New York Times decided to call its short reviews DINING BRIEFS??

A BRIEF, singular, is a letter, a short missive. But when you pluralize it, it means:

Tight man-panties.

I'm not sayin' there's anything wrong with manties. How else would one funnel one's kibbles into a tight pair of white denim shorts? But I am saying that the term "DINING BRIEFS" is one of the world's most hilarious accidents.

Right up there with the time Coco ate a milkshake and made a twosie on the sofa.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just 8 fuckin months late is all. Pretty soon I'm going to stop my hourly checks on this page.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously! Miss Girl, you've been breaking more hearts than the Cubs lately - where you been? And more importantly, where is your Dige update - 6 months of nothing?? You know we're waiting for a deranged visual of the word "unipalooza" in Brun-Hilda's take on Soto (I cannot BELIEVE he actually wrote that in the NYT).

So, what, all of a sudden you have a life? Grad school? Commitments that trump your weekly blogging (and our viewing pleasure)? Now git them fingers to dancing and MAYBE we'll forgive you! But I gotta say, the funky man-crotch pic did go a long way toward your redemption...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home